Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Update, and upcoming content.

It's been a pretty quiet July, here at the Blog of Doom, and in the aggregate, that's even a good thing. When I'm not writing here, it's usually because I'm too busy writing something else. Right now, that's either:
  • Writing for a client who was preparing to launch a new app
  • Writing for other clients, which is all over the map
  • Writing for Infinity
  • Writing for Strands of Fate 2
While the last two are far more exciting, the first two ensure that I have money to eat1, and combat the crippling anxiety that prevents me from writing more fun stuff, like this blog, and Strands2. So in the aggregate, it's not a bad thing that I've been swamped with day job workstuff, but it hasn't exactly been good for the blog.

To that end, I have some news.

#NotActuallyDead

Musician Advice Blogs

So, I was ghostwriting an advice blog for another website. This was awesome, until some issues arose. Long story less long2, that contract was terminated, leaving me with some work I'd done that wasn't going to be published, with the rights reverting to me. 

So, I figured I'd post them here with some commentary. If you wanted a series of short articles on marketing your indie music act, maybe you'll like them? If you're here for the fiction and/or RPGs3, then maybe it'll spark some ideas? Either way, I'll drop those here.

#RPGaDay

This is cool. This is very cool. To the point where I'd like to take a crack at it, even though August is half over. To that end, I'll write up some brief4 articles on the first 15, and then try to keep pace from there.

Anyway, just thought I'd post a brief update. 

Be excellent to each other!
~Killstring

* * *

1 - Not that I eat money. Anymore. Call it cheddar all you want, that stuff tastes dreadful.

2 - Slightly longer version; everything was cool up until there was a communication drop. Silence for months. This wasn't great for me, as it was giving me an "uncompleted contract" with the freelancer service the contract was through.  And, you know, I wasn't getting paid for work I had done. That didn't make me feel any better.

Eventually, we came to an out-of-court settlement; I was paid an incomplete amount, and the contract would be terminated. Close enough. 

3 - Based on hits, I don't have a lot of followers from my old life. That's totally fine! You might wind up enjoying tales of touring anyway.

4 - NOTE TO SELF: please try to be brief, Killstring. This is how you burn out on the blogging; too much all at once.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to discuss your thoughts! Discourse is important, but please keep it civil.

Things that are not civil: bigotry or hate speech, personal attacks and general trolling.

Things that are civil: pretty much anything else!