Sunday, August 20, 2017

#RPGaday2017, Day 20: What is the best source for out-of-print RPGs?

Part of an ongoing series, occasionally updated in real-time!

Let's blog, homies.



#RPGaday2017, Day 20: What is the best source for out-of-print RPGs?

Well, if we mean physical print, DrivethruRPG.com is actually pretty great at this: give it a search, you'll have pretty good luck. Having said that, if you're looking for a physical product...
What it says on the tin.
...it's hard to go wrong with one of these beauts.  A sufficiently large FLGS - like The Source in MN - often has all kinds of fun stuff if you're willing to dig. 

I guess it's less interesting to me, as I'm not super interested in digging up too much. Not to disrespect what came before, but but it's just less appealing to me personally, so I've spent less time thinking about it. Outside of gifts, I'm hard-pressed to think of a situation where I'd want to buy out-of-print RPGs1.

Cheers!

~Killstring

* * *

1 - I suppose there's some historical curiosity to be had; I wouldn't mind reading 1st editions of Shadowrun, Cyberpunk 2020, Traveller, etc. - but I'd want to read a chapter or two, then probably set it aside. I have probably read more of Gygax and Arneson's work than was strictly necessary, and it was clearly written for someone who was explicitly not me. While I don't begrudge that stuff existing, I've no desire to return to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to discuss your thoughts! Discourse is important, but please keep it civil.

Things that are not civil: bigotry or hate speech, personal attacks and general trolling.

Things that are civil: pretty much anything else!