Thursday, August 3, 2017

RPGaDay 2017 #3: New RPGs

Hi! This wasn't written on the day in question; I'm backfilling here. Because I didn't start writing these until the 16th, but I decided to give it a whirl anyway. Expect these to be a bit more brief than usual. We good? Good. Let's blog, homies.


RPGaDay 2017 Day 3: How do you find out about new RPGs?



Thanks for coming!

Not just, obviously, but when buying gifts for my SO, Kickstarter is a great way to ensue that I'm not buying something that they already have. So long as I steer clear of Onyx Path's stuff, that usually works. This has the side effect of introducing me to a bunch of stuff I wouldn't otherwise hear about.

OneBookshelf

Of course, there's also the erstwhile DrivethruRPG. Through sales, and daily updates, I learn about all kinds of interesting stuff.

My real friends who are real

But nothing beats the word-of-mouth of my homies. Brilliant nerds who are just as dedicated to finding cool RPGs as I am, and who live near FLGS that actually carry a decent selection of RPGs, let alone new ones. 

G+

G+ groups are another good way to hear about stuff; games that people are genuinely excited about reading, running, and playing. Nothing quite matches the enthusiasm from somebody who's got their hands on a new shiny, and is about to really dig into it; it's a great way to learn about what makes a game exciting - at least from that perspective.

Pleading

Speaking of what makes a game exciting, hook a bro up? What's a cool game that I don't know about, and aren't playing? Enlighten me in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to discuss your thoughts! Discourse is important, but please keep it civil.

Things that are not civil: bigotry or hate speech, personal attacks and general trolling.

Things that are civil: pretty much anything else!