Thursday, November 10, 2016

Whew...

Hi everybody.

It's been a time, here in the U.S. A tumultuous month featuring no shortage of personal stuff, an emotionally taxing election season, culminating in a disheartening referendum on the beliefs actually held by my fellow citizens, as well as the time of year when my (numerous, but contained) mental health issues elect to make their presence known.

Don't worry about me - this is nothing new. I grappled with this kind of thing all through my undergraduate and graduate degrees -- to say nothing of the rest of my life -- and I've always pulled through just fine. I might be an emotional wreck from time to time, but that doesn't mean I miss deadlines.

Optional and free-time projects, however...those tend to stop like it's Hammer Time. Which is to say, a brief pause, followed by nonsensical dancing in fabulously oversized pants.

Can't stop, won't stop. Never learned how to stop. Send help.
Anyway, just wanted to drop an update. I'm probably not going to continue the Player's Guide series at this time. It felt a little flat to me; I think if I'm going to write advice for new players, I need to spend more time talking to new players at cons and such.

You know, research. It's allegedly my thing.

Regardless, some scheduling normalcy should be the standard for the foreseeable future. I'm planning on doing a couple "utility reviews" - looking at games that I'm currently doing something with, and providing a review of the text in that context - so look for the first of those in a couple days.

As always, if there's anything you'd like to see covered, feel free to hit me up in the comments!

Cheers!

~Killstring


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to discuss your thoughts! Discourse is important, but please keep it civil.

Things that are not civil: bigotry or hate speech, personal attacks and general trolling.

Things that are civil: pretty much anything else!